Last Updated on October 20, 2021 by Rovamedia
LinkedIn is an American business and employment-oriented service that operates via websites and mobile apps. Founded on December 28, 2002, and launched on May 5, 2003, it is mainly used for professional networking, including employers posting jobs and job seekers posting their CVs.
Overview: About LinkedIn
LinkedIn is a social media platform geared to professionals. It enables you to network and builds your professional portfolio, but you can also go out into the world and look for a new job. It is also used by employers and recruiters who are looking for job candidates
Well, to be honest, LinkedIn is the world’s largest online professional social networking site. If you are a job seeker or you’re looking to expand your social network and increase your visibility, develop your personal brand, and enhance your professional opportunities, then setting up a LinkedIn profile is a must.
Avoid These Humans On LinkedIn
However, as you do this you must be careful and very wary of who you follow. They include the following:
- The Mismatches: As usual no two persons will think alike. A Mismatch is a situation in which two people or things that are not suited to each other are together. : a situation in which two people or things are not balanced or equal to each other in some way especially : a game or contest in which one person, team, etc., is much better or stronger than the other.
On LinkedIn, there are those whose ideologies do not and will not align with yours, kindly do not follow them.
- The Complaints: Complain and complaint are two words that are used to express dissatisfaction or annoyance about something. They are evident on LinkedIn where they offer nothing but complains upon complains that everyone else except them is bad. Be very watchful for these kind of humans.
- The Overly Modest: The definition of modest is someone or something that is humble or shy or not extreme. An example of modest is a person who doesn’t easily take their clothes off around others.
However, there are those who think it is immodest to showcase personal skills, growth, success, achievements. They deem it not good to share your own story, kindly avoid them for your better e-health.
- The Problem Finders: Those who constantly find problems with LinkedIn instead of the countless opportunities. They are good at reporting issues to LinkedIn and cause rift in their various channels.
And finally. . .
- The Thieves: Yes! The plagiarists, content thieves. People who steal intellectual property of others and use as theirs without due credit. This year, be deliberate about who you follow and who follows you on LinkedIn.
It is important to have the right people in your circle, your network has an impact on your all-around success. Kindly do well to air your views too.